The town bought the building and property in 1941 from Mrs. Jacqueline, a resident and last owner of the Inn, in order to preserve the building from being torn down by a future owner. In 1953, it was leased to Helen Wilson and her brother, Gordon Butler. Wilson’s son, Dick, later ran the business as the Ho-Ho-Kus Inn. After he retired, it became Claude’s Ho-Ho-Kus Inn and became a favorite dining spot of former President Richard Nixon.
Most recently, it operated as Marcello’s Ho-Ho-Kus Inn. In December 2009, Gordon and Laurie Hamm, Ho-Ho-Kus residents and longtime admirers of the Inn, reopened the borough-owned building following a seven-month, $1.5 million renovation project.
Additional information can be found on the Ho-Ho-Kus Boro Website: