- Monday11:30 am - 9:00 pm
- Tuesday11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Wednesday11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Thursday11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Friday11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturday11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Sunday11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Ho-Ho-Kus Inn & Tavern was constructed in 1796 by Andrew Zabriskie as a home for his son. It was once used as a parsonage and first became a
tavern in 1890. Over the years, it has been known by several names, including the Zabriskie House, the Villa Inn, the Mansion House, the Wayside Inn, the Washington Inn, Estephe’s Hotel and Paddy Burke’s.
The town bought the building and property in 1941 from Mrs. Jacqueline, a resident and last owner of the Inn, in order to preserve the building from being torn down by a future owner.
In 1953, it was leased to Helen Wilson and her brother, Gordon Butler. Wilson’s son, Dick, later ran the business as the Ho-Ho-Kus Inn. After he retired, it became Claude’s Ho-Ho-Kus Inn and became a favorite dining spot of former President Richard Nixon.
More recently, it operated as Marcello’s Ho-Ho-Kus Inn. In December 2009, Gordon and Laurie Hamm, Ho-Ho-Kus residents and longtime admirers of the Inn, reopened the borough-owned building following a seven-month, $1.5 million renovation project